On 2/5/13 1:16 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
On 5 Feb 2013, at 17:31, Dave Shevett wrote:
However, my problem is I want to rewrite the protocol side of the URL, not just the path. I need to change it from 'http' to 'https'.
Sounds like you're looking for "Header edit" (mod_headers).
I actually tried Header edit as well - but maybe I didn't get the syntax just right, because it didn't seem to be working. Could you give me an example?
Hmm. Is yours not effectively the case described at http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2006-03/0549.shtml That's the use case that originally inspired "Header edit". I thought there was an example in the docs? Maybe you have a problem with server-generated URLs? If so then specifying the prefix in your ServerName should fix it.
I foudn the answer in a blog post - I had the syntax wrong, (wasn't actually doing the regexp substitution right), but this fellow nailed it.

Correct format:

Header edit Location ^http://(.*)$ https://$1

Working like a champ now.

    -d