From: Josh Whittaker <josh.whitta...@dillards.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:01:23
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] URL restriction
Hello Vidyadhar,

1) In WebSphere, you need to create a new virtual host that you will only
map your admin module to. For example.. setup a virtual host in WAS called
"admin" to listen on techienote.com on a new specific IP address and/or
port. Something like admin.techienote.com.

You should also create a new virtual host in Apache with the same
IP/Name:port. You can then limit this virtual host to listen on a new IP
and/or port that will not be available to external users.

2) You could also use rewrites or Location blocks to limit by ip address,
but this has some flaws.

Their are several ways to do this, but these options appear to be the
easiest since you are dealing with WebSphere. Validate your plugin config
is correct after propagation.

Thanks

Josh Whittaker