On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 12:00:15PM +0100, Gergely Buday wrote:

> I created a 'web' group and put my user and apache into it, and gave
> 640 for the files and 750 for the dirs.

> $ ls -ld wp-admin/
> drwxr-x--- 9 gergoe web 4096 Sep  7 08:54 wp-admin/
>
> What do you suggest to fix this?

You will need to make your apache instance run as group "web" for that
to work. In your httpd.conf you should have a line like this:

        Group   web

Also, check your various Allow and Deny settings to make sure access to
that directory is permissible.

If it still fails after that, check the audit log to make sure the
directory has the right context.

Good luck,

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107