From: Nick Kew [mailto:n...@webthing.com]
Sent: 04 March 2013 13:19
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] PHP script not executing with empty POST when using
chunked encoding

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 07:49:30 -0500
Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Ashly Pridmore
> <ashly.pridm...@juniperbridge.com> wrote:
> > Hmm, so the problem is sending "content-length: 0" with "transfer-encoding"
> > set to chunked?
>
> The spec says T-E is ignored in this case.

The spec actually says the reverse:

4.4 Message Length
  3.  ...  If a message is received with both a
      Transfer-Encoding header field and a
      Content-Length header field, the latter
      MUST be ignored.

Perhaps the OP is seeing something (PHP?) waiting for input when it shouldn't.
Does it make any difference if you use mod_headers to inject a Connection:
Close in the request and/or response?  If identical headers work fine with
telnet, then it has to be something other than headers, like holding the
connection.

--
Nick Kew