Hi Guys,

Please find the scenario where we are geting the trouble with Apache
2.0.63.

AIX 5.1 - apache2.0.63

We are using the Apache 2.0.63 on AIX5.1 for our most of the Peoplesoft
enviornments.
All the modules including the weblogic module mod_wl_20.so  are with the
extension of .so.

AIX 6.1 - apache2.0.63

Now there is a requirement to upgrade to AIX 6.1.

The problem which we are facing with the compilation of apache2.0.63 on 6.1
is that after the compilation and make install, It generates the modules
with .la or .a extension.  While we need the so modules. If we get any help
regarding this issue will be much appriciated.

Command we are using for the configuration is as follow.

/configure --prefix=<apache_base>/apache_ssl --enable-module=so
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE --enable-ssl  --enable-setenvif
-enable-proxy=shared  --enable-rewrite=shared

For now to meet the client's need we are using the compiled source of AIX
5.1 at AIX 6.1 which is working good ( but with 5.1 gcc lib versions on the
server).

Prashans Mistry