Hi,

When a hung balancer member becomes unresponsive, is there a way to
configure mod_proxy_balancer to stop sending traffic to the http member?

In our case, we periodically have a hung balancer member caused by an error
in our application, but while this is being resolved, we are trying
configure HTTPd 2.2.15 with mod_proxy and mod_proxy_balancer so that when a
balancer member does not respond within a certain amount of time, the load
balancer will stop sending traffic to the member. So far, our only solution
is to modify the 502+503 error pages to clear cookies and essentially
refresh the page. The balancer member property 'ping' would be ideal, but
it is only available in 2.4 for mod_proxy_http or ajp. Currently, when a
balancer member becomes non-responsive, when the proxytimeout occurs,
apache returns a 502 HTTP response. We currently use balancer manager to
disable the member on all servers, but it reports the non-responsive member
as being "Ok" and will continue to send requests to the balancer member
until manually disabled.

Best Regards,

David Duong