I'm not sure what you mean by file system redirection. And if we go
back to your previous post, I can edit access.log just fine, infact,
it's around 4 mb big from all the logging.
So Apache do have full rights to the log files and I don't see the
logical reason to why Apache wouldn't be able to add a
referer/user-agent when it can already fill the log file with
everything else. I'm a bit confused by your answer :S.