Hi!

I have application that uses built-in authentication procedure. From client’s
point of view (browsers, etc.) it works like any basic or digest
authentication. However during the configuration process I sometimes (e.g. when
using IIS) have to turn off server’s authentication in order to use one built
in application. In IIS I simply disable basic and windows authentication for
entire site or specific directory and it works perfectly. With other web
servers did not have any need to configure anything regarding this, but with
Apache I have problem: it prompts for username and password repeatedly even
after entering correct credentials. Prompt contains valid realm that is set by
my application but entered credentials simply do not pass to my app. I guess
that Apache sort of “takes over” the authentication although I did not
configure it to do so. I’m using default configuration (installed Apache and
added my scripting software as script alias).
Can anyone help me configure Apache to ignore basic (or digest) authentication
sent to my application? Please.

Thank you!

BR,
Faik