On 30/07/13 07:46 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:
On 30.07.2013 10:27, Rainer Jung wrote:
On 30.07.2013 05:08, Dennis Clarke wrote:
I'm a bit confused about the requirements for Apache 2.4.6.  This page
seems
very clear :

     http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/Announcement2.4.html

There is states that "This release requires the Apache Portable Runtime
(APR)
version 1.4.x and APR-Util version 1.4.x"

The page for the Apache Portable Runtime project shows APR-util at 1.5.2 :

     http://apr.apache.org/

My most recent build of Apache 2.4.4 seemss to run fine built thus :

     ( from my servers /server-info page )
     Server Version: Apache/2.4.4 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e PHP/5.4.16 Server
Built: Feb 28 2013 10:46:58
     Server loaded APR Version: 1.4.6
     Compiled with APR Version: 1.4.6
     Server loaded APU Version: 1.5.1
     Compiled with APU Version: 1.5.1

However this most recent release 2.4.6 seems to require apr and apu
1.4.x only.

Is this a firm requirement ?
It should say 1.4.x or higher. That's implied by the APR/APU versioning
and compatibility rules but of course not obvious to our users.
... and was just fixed by Jim in the announcement text.

Not to be a completely obsessive compulsive nit pick, but being OCD
helps greatly when writing software. Any chance we could fix the
typo?

    - Higher performant shm-based cache implementation

Probably should be "performance" there.

dc

ps: good to see PR 54735 was fixed. That drove me nuts for a while.