Hello,
My Apache server is used for downloading files via HTTP (Linux).
I have a directory tree containing all the files.
The files are updates from time to time by a different process.
I am worried that Apache Web server will read from the file while the other
process is writing to the file.
What is the best method for synchronizing the two processes? Is there a built
in mechanism in Apache?
A few options I thought of:
                Symbolic links for rotating between current file and updated
file
                Aliases in Apache configuration files for rotating between
current file and updated file. Use reload for telling Apache to refer to
updated file. However, I do not know if the reload waits for all threads to
read new configuration.
Would appreciate any consult.
Yaron.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether in electronic or hard copy format.