On 01/03/2014 03:51 AM, Jan Vávra wrote:
Hello,
I have observed that browsers cache http basic authentication credentials for the first word after the hostname in a url. Eg. Caches credentials for http://hostname/word1/.../... and requires inputting creadentials again for http://hostname/word2/.../...

So you can try move your authenticated content under one *word* (subtree). Move it from / to /word. Or all content from subtree of /word move as a direct children of /word.

This certainly shouldn't be true for a correct browser. They should cache per authrealm, not per directory or URI subpath.

It would be really helpful to see your authentication configuration, along with the URIs of the specific resources in question.

--Rich

Jan.

Hello,

I am using apache to host iOS related applications. I have integrated
apache with our internal LDAP. When I try to access on a desktop it
prompts for password only once. Where as in apple devices its
prompting multiple times (I use plist). If the app consists of 4
files, it prompts for password for 4 times.Can you please recommend a
better way to handle this?

Thanks
Ramesh

Rich Bowen