Okay, I take that back. Call me an Apache idiot.
The SessionExclude directive did not work. I could not get it to work for
any path prefix. I'm taking a closer look at mod_session.c to see how this
should work. Strangely enough, and I dare barely suggest this, there
appears to be a bug in mod_session regarding the application of
SessionExclude unless there were also SessionIncludes. I'll pursue this as
bug report.

--
Erik Pearson
Adaptations