On 01/15/2014 08:29 PM, Claude Morin wrote:
Please note that this is not a complaint. It's more a check of my sanity and a hope to be pointed in the right direction :-).

Q. Why isn't there a binary for my platform?
A. ...The sole exception to these practices is the Windows package. Unlike most Unix and Unix-like platforms, Windows systems do not come with a bundled software development environment, so we do prepare binary kits for Windows when we make a release. Again, however, it's a voluntary thing and only a limited number of the developers have the capability to build the InstallShield package, so the *Windows release may lag somewhat *behind the source
release. This *lag should be no more than a few days at most*.

On a related note, I also noticed that no Windows binary exists for the 2.4 branch, not even an old version.

Please see http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/platform/windows.html#down

There are several well-trusted third-parties that provide Windows binaries. You should try one of them. (There are also several not-as-well-trusted third-parties that provide Windows binaries. I didn't list them on that page.)

--
Rich Bowen
rbo...@rcbowen.com