Tom,

Here is my actual 3 config lines.
RewriteRule ^/$
https://volunteermatchbu.escocorp.com/esco_vm-ViewController-context-root/faces/login.jspx
 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^/esco_vm-ViewController-context-root/faces/(.*)
http://certsoamt.escocorp.com:7011/esco_vm-ViewController-context-root/faces/$1
[P]
ProxyPassReverse /esco_vm-ViewController-context-root/faces/
http://certsoamt.escocorp.com:7011/esco_vm-ViewController-context-root/faces/

I already have the debug log level at 9.....

I don't control the back end server but from what I can tell you cannot land on
anything other than the actual login.jspx to get a login page.

I have a working reverseproxy config for another internal server but that is
not an Oracle SOA server and when I duplicated this working ruleset and changed
my particulars it did not work.
Here is that those configs looks like.

  RewriteRule ^/$
https://iservicecert.escocorp.com/OA_HTML/AppsLocalLogin.jsp$1 [R,L]
#
  RewriteRule     ^/OA_HTML/(.*)  http://drsswa12.escocorp.com:8018/OA_HTML/$1
[P]
  ProxyPassReverse /OA_HTML/      http://drsswa12.escocorp.com:8018/OA_HTML/

At this point I'd use any config that would work.
The online samples and even the apache docs are a pin to decipher as far as I
am concerned.

Scott