Hello,

My thanks to everyone who helped. What I did was set up an additional
virtual host which points to the https one with a rewrite. It's
probably not the best way, but it does work. Here's my config:

<VirtualHost *:443>
     ServerAdmin xxx
     ServerName webmail.example.com
     ServerAlias webmail.example.com
     DocumentRoot /srv/http/webmail
     ErrorLog "/var/log/httpd/webmail.example.com_error_log"
     CustomLog "/var/log/httpd/webmail.example.com_access_log" common
SSLEngine on
SSLCipherSuite HIGH
SSLCertificateFile "/etc/ssl/certs/server.crt"
SSLCertificateKeyFile "/etc/ssl/private/server.key"
<Directory /srv/http/webmail>
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverRide Limit
Require all granted
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName webmail.example.com
     ErrorLog "/var/log/httpd/webmail.example.com_error_log"
     CustomLog "/var/log/httpd/webmail.example.com_access_log" common
  RewriteEngine  on
  RewriteCond    %{HTTPS} !=on
  RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}
</VirtualHost>