On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Joe Jensen (ConAgra Foods) <
joe.jen...@conagrafoods.com> wrote:

> What major features have been released in the last 8 years for apache?
> My apache infrastructure is quite dated and behind.  I'd like to update and
> improve it but am new to apache and don't know much more than that I have
> nothing modern.

I would ignore new features for the moment and ensure that you are in a
position to pick up bug fixes for problems your users may discover as well
as others that may be known to cause severe problems when encountered.
 IOW, migrate to a currently supported version.

There are surely a lot of new features

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/new_features_2_4.html
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/new_features_2_2.html

but you probably want to learn about features you're currently using before
such a list would be helpful.