We have an external facing portal that serves multiple applications via single
sign on, to bypass cross domain limitations & simplifying support we proxy all
the requests through apache httpd, there are about 100 independent applications
that we proxy using mod_proxy

In case of slow responses (due to hung threads) unforeseen situations, we cause
saturation of resources on apache & cause it to die.

We want to introduce a circuit breaker/bulkhead (timeouts are not good enough)
so that outages in few application do not impact the rest.

Anyone else having the same issue? Ideas for solution?

Sent from my iPad