On Apr 10, 2014, at 18:30 , katherine.man...@sita.aero wrote:

> I've you've built mod_ssl as a DSO, you don't need to recompile apache, you
> can just upgrade your openssl (assuming you're already in the 1.0.1 branch)
> and restart apache.

Even if you have built mod_ssl statically into the httpd, as long as libssl is
linked dynamically, you don't need to rebuild anything related to apache. You
can check with ldd if libssl is linked dynamically, and then perhaps verify
with nm or objdump -T that all the relevant symbols (e.g.
TLSv1_1_client_method) from libssl are indeed undefined in your mod_ssl.so or
httpd.

rainer