On 10/04/2014 18:43, Joey J wrote:
Apache 2.4 has had a stable release out for over 2 years but is only
used by 2.5% of active Apache sites.   Why is the adoption so low?? The
Apache foundation has been recommending upgrading to 2.4 for some time
and looking at the improvements I see significant value in several.  I
don't see any reason why anybody wouldn't want to use it but the
community seems to think it's bad.

What am I missing??

Current market share:
http://w3techs.com/technologies/details/ws-apache/2.4/all

  -Joey J

The upgrade process isn't simple for most Open Source products and so uptake of upgrades is very slow despite being FREE.

With Microsoft products, the uptake is high because the upgrade process is very simple and people are prepared to try it and decide to stay with it.

With Open Source, something must be done with backwards compatibility for products to be readily acceptable in the market place. I try all new upgrades for Apache, PHP, MySQL etc but I am using them as a hobby and for learning purpose so that when contracts demand latest knowledge then I am ready for them.