From: "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2014 10:29am
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: [users@httpd] Help with Virtual Hosting on Linux 3.2 / Ubuntu
12.04.4

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Roy Hinkelman - Technical Services
<r...@worldtradepress.com> wrote:
> This site, for 2.4, https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/vhosts/name-based.html
> , says to "simply" put the VirtualHost info into httpd.conf. FireFox says
> "Unable to Connect"

Missing a Listen directive, or a firewall problem. Not related to
VirtualHost directive.

If your packaging of httpd uses a sites-available/sites-enabled
layout, use it. If not, put it in httpd.conf.  The server doesn't
really care what ultimately gets included.

--
Eric Covener
cove...@gmail.com