> In 2.4, it seems like you should be able to register mod_substitute
> via mod_filter.  mod_filter has a "match" parameter that in 2.4 is an
> ap_expr expression, so it can ready basically anything floating around
> in the server.
>
> mod_filter can be pretty intimidating though.

I really wish I could go to 2.4, but we're stuck with 2.2 due to using
Adobe and Oracle modules that don't support 2.4 yet.  I feel like I'm
really close to coming up with something using mod_parp, but just
can't figure how to use it exactly.  Documentation is clear up until I
get to the API section and that looks like I need good knowledge of
programming to understand.