Greetings Lennsen,

Something you should know about mod_proxy_fcgi is that currently it doesn’t
support UNIX sockets,
so you must start your PHP-FPM process using a TCP port, which is default
when you install it.

Daniel Garajau wrote a interesting document on this subject:
http://garajau.com.br/blog/2013/12/apache-2-4-and-php-fpm-using-mod_proxy_fcgi/

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Otis