Hello,

I performed several tests.

Starting with a fresh installation of CentOS 6.5 and a fresh compilation
of the latest MySQL 5.5 and Apache (with latest apr and apr-util)
Minimal changes to the default configuration, without adding or removing
apache modules, to permit the use of mod_dbd and mod_ssl
Only one non-ssl site (with dbd auth) and only one ssl site

- With apache 2.4.9, it crash if in the ssl site I use
SSLCACertificateFile ( I have some sites that use client certificates).
Removing that directive, apache starts and dbd authentication works.
- With apache 2.4.7, it crash with any SSL directive configured
- Both installation works if apache starts without the DBDriver
directive. Adding the directive and doing a graceful restart works.

I never used strace or gdb, but if someone give me some instructions I
can try.

Thanks,
Andrea