I think what you're looking for is ICAP integration, but I'm not sure if
you can do that solely with Apache.  I think you would need to implement a
transparent proxy like squid which will pass user requests through the ICAP
server before handing the request off to your content servers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Content_Adaptation_Protocol
http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-use-symantec-scan-engine-52-content-scanning-technologies-direct-integration-your-appli
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/ICAP
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ContentAdaptation