Op 30 jun. 2014, om 21:39 heeft Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net> het
volgende geschreven:

> Remco Poelstra wrote:
>> Op 30 jun. 2014, om 20:23 heeft Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net>
>> het volgende geschreven:

>>> hmm....
>>>
>>> Just to be clear - you're saying that SOME php scripts in /var/www/w-lists
>>> execute properly, and others (the mailman scripts) do not?
>>>
>>> If that's the case, you might want to really carefully examine what's
>>> different between the scripts that run and the ones that download - things
>>> like perhaps .php vs. php5 suffixes, and such.
>>>
>>> You might also want to look around for extraneous .htaccess files that have
>>> conflicting information than what's in your config file.
>>>
>>> I guess you should also see if the .php setup is different on your new
>>> machine.
>> To be more clear, ONLY the php script gets executed. The others are ELF
>> binaries and have no extension. So it's difficult to compare why the php
>> script works and the others do not. Maybe the difference is that the php
>> script itself is in the document root and only the wrapper is in the scripts
>> folder, while the other scripts are called directly.
>> There are no errors or warnings generated, apache just happily hands over
>> the binary file.
>>

> Now that's a whole other kettle of fish:
> - So the AddHandler fcgid-script .php line is working properly, but,
> - ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/www/w-lists/  is not
>
> Maybe try upping your log level and looking at what happens when you try to
> access one of the scripts - it might give you some clues.
>
> And.. I think I just figured out what's happening: There's no handler defined
> for files that don't have a suffix.
>
> You might try replacing the AddHandler line with "SetHandler fcgid-script" -
> which should make EVERYTHING in that directory executable.
>
> On the other hand, if some files in that directory are NOT executable, then
> maybe do this instead"
> - add a .fcgi extension to each of your binary scripts
> - change the AddHandler fcgid-script .php to "AddHandler fcgid-script .php
> .fcgi"

Adding an extension to the binaries had the same effect as adding the entry:
<Directory /var/www/w-lists>
        SetHandler fcgid-script
</Directory>

I now get an Internal Server Error page and when I check the error.log I see
the output of the script, which is a basic html page. It’s followed by:
(104)Connection reset by peer: [client 127.0.0.1:56565] mod_fcgid: error
reading data from FastCGI server
[client 127.0.0.1:56565] End of script output before headers: listinfo

The php wrapper keeps functioning like it should.
Is this a step forward or a step backward?

Remco