“more better” ☺

Did you try $ENV{REMOTE_USER}

From: Rahul R [mailto:rahul.ra...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 7:49 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Retrieve the username which got authenticated by the
apache

Not sure this is the right place to ask this question or not.

I have an apache 2.2 setup with LDAP auth enabled. The html form in the front
end takes some values and processes them using perl script in the background.
Is there a way I can get the username which is submitting the values in that
perl script. I am planning to track who is doing what(with the values they
submit) in a more better way in a file than the usual access_log.

I tried using the below in my perl script, but no luck. Any help would be much
appreciated.

my $userId = $_SERVER['AUTHENTICATE_SAMACCOUNTNAME'];

print " I am $userId";

--
Thanks,
Regards,