On 07/18/2014 07:31 PM, Good Guy wrote:
> On 18/07/2014 15:35, Eric Covener wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 10:21  AM, David Favor <da...@davidfavor.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Biggest problem is with Apache changing format of conf entries.
>>
>> What do you mean by the format?
>>

> I think what he is talking about is that for each upgrades, apache
> becomes non-compliance with the previous version.  So if you plan to use
> the same conf file to speed up the implementation then you are likely to
> be stuck because some entries in the conf file won't work and throw out
> errors.
>
> Upgrades should be about new features and new codes/syntax but the old
> one should still work.

What on earth are you all on about?

Order x,y still works
Allow from ... still works
Deny from ... still works

There is no earth shattering change in the configuration, merely a new
and better way of setting access and an old way - both are supported.

The old way has now moved to mod_access_compat because it's not the
preferred way of handling access, but it is nonetheless still supported.

The .conf issue is purely Debian's making (and is described in their
changes doc, if people would bother reading it), take it up with the
Debian folks.

With regards,
Daniel.