Hello

we know that we can protect some pages in our apache server using
authentication:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/auth.html

but what if I have already authenticate the users using something else and add
this users to a DB, Is there a way to configure Apache to do a query to the
DataBase and don't ask for credentials if it find the user in this DB, in short
words can Apache authenticate only some users ( which aren't found on DB) and
don't ask for authentication credentials for users that found on DB.

Is there any tutorial that will help me in Apache website?