I've tried increasing various system limits (using ulimit), generally doubling
and increasing 10-fold any value. None of the following has made any difference:
# -n : The maximum number of open file descriptors (most systems do not allow
this value to be set)ulimit -n 2048# -u : The maximum number of processes
available to a single userulimit -u 5149520# -s : The maximum stack sizeulimit
-s unlimited# -l : Maximum locked memoryulimit -l 128# -i : The maximum number
of pending signalsulimit -i 5149520# -q : POSIX message queuesulimit -q 8192000
Looking in /proc/<pid>/limits I've confirmed the limits have been raised
from:Limit                     Soft Limit           Hard Limit
UnitsMax cpu time              unlimited            unlimited
secondsMax file size             unlimited            unlimited
bytesMax data size             unlimited            unlimited
bytesMax stack size            10485760             unlimited
bytesMax core file size        0                    0
bytesMax resident set          unlimited            unlimited
bytesMax processes             1024                 514952
processesMax open files            1024                 1024
filesMax locked memory         65536                65536
bytesMax address space         unlimited            unlimited
bytesMax file locks            unlimited            unlimited
locksMax pending signals       514952               514952
signalsMax msgqueue size         819200               819200
bytesMax nice priority         0                    0Max realtime priority
0                    0Max realtime timeout      unlimited            unlimited
          us
to:Limit                     Soft Limit           Hard Limit           UnitsMax
cpu time              unlimited            unlimited            secondsMax file
size             unlimited            unlimited            bytesMax data size
          unlimited            unlimited            bytesMax stack size
   unlimited            unlimited            bytesMax core file size        0
                 0                    bytesMax resident set          unlimited
          unlimited            bytesMax processes             5149520
   5149520              processesMax open files            2048
2048                 filesMax locked memory         131072               131072
              bytesMax address space         unlimited            unlimited
       bytesMax file locks            unlimited            unlimited
locksMax pending signals       5149520              5149520
signalsMax msgqueue size         8192000              8192000
bytesMax nice priority         0                    0Max realtime priority
0                    0Max realtime timeout      unlimited            unlimited
          us
I have 166 virtual hosts, and 124 proxy balancers. As soon as I try to increase
the number of proxy balancers to 125 I get the segmentation fault error. I only
have one set of log files (1 access log, 1 error log), I don't have separate
log files for each vhost.
Thanks,
Paul