hello.

i have following issue with my server: i have an ubuntu-server at home.
yesterday i upgraded the whole thing to version 14.04. i have been
making some research and everything points to the fact that the ubuntu
14.04 comes with apache 2.4, which is supposed to have new and different
authorization-settings than the prior version. i am reading about that
at the moment, but unfortunately i cannot find a clear answer to solve
my problem. i also tried to post on the irc c-channel (#httpd), but
unfortunatelly i always get the message: cannot send to channel: #httpd.
from my point of view i am just a little step away from solving it,
since the server is working well: i can access webmin as well as i can
access it through SSH.

the error i get on port 80 is:

Forbidden

Apache/2.4.10 (Ubuntu) Server at h1r3.mooo.com Port 80

the error i get on port 443 is:

Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to h1r3.mooo.com.
SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.
(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity
of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this
broken site.

i would really appreciate if someone could help me out with this. i need
my server back online.

thanks in advance and kind regards
javier