On 09/06/2014 10:35 AM, Matthew Smith wrote:
is this correct?  I am not getting the desired behaviour...

DocumentRoot "C:/wwwroot"

#
# Each directory to which Apache has access can be configured with respect
# to which services and features are allowed and/or disabled in that
# directory (and its subdirectories).
#
# First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
# features.
#
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>

No, that is *not* correct.

You want AllowOverride None in Directory /

What you're looking for is

<Directory "C:/wwwroot">
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

Better yet, put your directives directly into that Directory block and don't use .htaccess files at all.

--Rich