On 20/10/2014 14:58, Patton, Billy N wrote:
> But when the actions you want to take are in the module, how do I call it?
> Since my file.c is called mod_example.c and it compiles/installs as
> mod_example.so
> Do I need a bogus file IE mod_example
> Then set a handle for mod_example
>
> where mod_example would be a simple
> touch mod_example
>
> Then in my .config
> AddHandler mod_example mod_example
>
> Then call from Chrome as
>
> http://my_site/mod_example
>
> I tried this, but all I got was a blank screen, no errors of any kind.

Hi Billy,

Welcome to the wonderful world of C modules for Apache :)

In the case of cgi, pl and pm you are calling the appropriate handlers
for every such file on the filesystem

In your case, you'd either need to decide on a file pattern which will
always be served by your handler and add an AddHandler line OR (and this
is probably what you want) assign a specific URL to your module
explicitly, like this:

<Location /mod_example>
  SetHandler example-handler
</Location>