I am using chef-solo to provision systems and currently store the node
definitions in Apache within folders matching the simple hostname. I also have
a need to store some sensitive files in this folder and need to restrict access
by IP or host name.

So assuming a docroot structure such as :

/definitions/server1
/definitions/server2
/definitions/server3

where serverX is a hostname of a chef client, how can I control access to those
folders? I.e. something like:

<Directory /definitions/$remote_client>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from $remote_client
</Directory>

Obviously the above is invalid, but is there something similar that is valid
that allows me to easily define folder access control by the client's hostname
without having to create a Directory resource hard-coded for each?

Thanks in advance!

- Justin