Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 09:32:35 -0400
From: traw...@gmail.com
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Compiling HTTPD from Source

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Lesley Kimmel <ljkimme...@hotmail.com> wrote:
All;

I've had good success compiling HTTPD from source when compiling on RHEL5 and
running on RHEL5 or compiling on RHEL6 and running on RHEL6. I see there are
library compatibility issues when compiling on RHEL6, for example, and trying
to run on RHEL5. How can I compile in a more generic way to to be distro
independent?

Generally: compile on the lowest glibc and kernel versions on which you plan to
run
There's a recent discussion thread on dev@apr about working around this, but it
is an iterative process and might not work from release to release.  Here's
that thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/apr-dev/201410.mbox/%3C20141022131350.GA2848%40unixarea.DDR.dd%3E

Thanks in advance,

-Les