Eric Covener writes:
 > On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Don Cohen <don-apa...@isis.cs3-inc.com>
 > wrote:
 > > Eric Covener writes:
 > >  > On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Don Cohen
 > > <don-apa...@isis.cs3-inc.com> wrote:
 > >  > > However, I also am surprised that I don't see some more general module
 > >  > > that allows the user to write his own script for authentication.
 > >  >
 > >  > FastCGI scripts can perform authentication.  Lua scripts can too.

Just to be clear, do you mean perform authentication in general or
that they can be used in conjunction with the apache facility
described in the url below?  If possible I'd like to use what
apache already provides, not replace it with my own script.

 > > How does this work with the facilities described in
 > >  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/howto/auth.html
 > > I don't see any mention of them in that page.
 >
 > Since they allow you to interact with Apache roughly as if you had
 > written a module in C, I think they'd each show up in multiple
 > sections of "Related Modules and Directives".   It seems like

And yet neither of these appears anywhere in the page above.

 > mod_authnz_fastcgi would be applicable in every section, but Lua would
 > be omitted from the middle section (IIUC).

I just put "mod_authnz_fastcgi" into google and got ONE result -
which is your message above!
along with "Did you mean: mod_authnz_sspi "

So I consider this question to still be open.
If you (or anyone else) can provide some information about how to do
it or where to look to find out, I'd like to know.