I have a question about the situation that happens with Apache with Wikimedia app. In short, Apache begins to break connections when there are many concurrent requests. (Here is the bug report that I created for wikipedia https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T85191). Connections are broken after http request is complete, but 'Connection: keep-alive' has been set by the server in the last response.

I view this a violation of RFC2616 because server breaks connection without letting the client know.

My questions are:
What could be misconfigured in Apache? Or maybe this is considered normal that it breaks connections? Is there an option that Apache slows down clients without disconnecting in case of congestion?

Yuri