HiHi!

I cannot figure out how to add a new user to Apache HTTP Server 2.2. I want
to add a "guest" account so that I don't have to give out my own
credentials. This is essentially what I've done and everything seems to
work, except I can't log into my site with these new credentials:

D:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin>htpasswd -cm
passwords guest
New password: ********
Re-type new password: ********
Adding password for user guest

Your Q is a little unclear. For example you said 'new' credentials, but that doesn't state clearly whether you've ever had the htaccess system ever working before.

With the -cm those are not 'new' credentials. (Meaning you are not 'adding them to the htpasswd.') Man says '-c If passwordfile already exists, it is rewritten and truncated.' Meaning it is now the -only- username/password pair.

Beyond that, what Apache does with that pair depends on what htaccess tells it to do.

Please post your htacces, and also describe what you 'intend' it to do.

Have a :) day!

jb

--
Jim Barchuk