Happy New Years all!
Here is my problem/question:
I have two webservers,see info below

Web1 - 192.168.7.253 –Main webserver with Apache

Web2 - 192.168.7.63 –Webcam with built in webserver that can be configured
using cgi commands

On web1 I have thefollowing javascript which does a GET to web2 and send the
cgi commands

xmlhttp.open("GET","http://192.168.7.63:8122/set_alarm.cgi?motion_armed=1&schedule_enable=1",true);

Im getting across-domain error and I have confirmed that when I enable cross
domain inChrome everything works great but I want this to work on a tablet
which doesn'thave the enable cross domain option.

I have been trying touse mode_proxy but with no success. One thing that is
making this moredifficult is the text after the :8122 in the XMLhttp:open will
change dependingon what options the user selects so I need to preserve this. I
also only wantto reverse proxy the above line and have everything else be
excluded.

I thought that if Ichanged the ip address in the XMLhttp:open to web1 then use
the following

ProxyPreserveHost on

ProxyPassMatch ^http://192.168.7.253:8122$http://192.168.7.63:8122/$1

but this doesn't work. Ihave tried many variations but no luck.

Any suggestions?