Downloaded and compiled bind-9.9.7 and it built fine (./configure && make &&
make install). but  /usr/sbin/named is still 9.8

If I try to start named (service named start), it starts this version instead
of the version in /usr/local/sbin

I assume I need to either replace /etc/rc.d/named or fix it somehow?

--
what was supposed to be so special about a full moon? It was only a big
circle of light. And the dark of the moon was only darkness. But