From: Mike Rumph [mailto:mike.ru...@oracle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:54 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Only apache 2.4 installed in /usr works fine but not
in "/usr/local/apache2" please help me.

Hello Padmahas,

The problem is probably due to the issues listed in your other email thread:
"sudo: apachectl: command not found"

Thanks,

Mike Rumph
On 3/31/2015 4:08 AM, Padmahas Bn wrote:
I noticed that apr installed without --prefix option installs apr to /usr/local
by default.
I also noticed apr-utils requires "--with-apr=/usr/local/apr" option to
configure.
And another thing is apache2.4 installed with "--prefix=/usr" option will
install inside /usr path, merging things with already existing folders and
creating folders which doesn't exist.
And the installation which is only made this way is working fine and I can see
result in 127.0.0.1.
Can some one explain why I cannot start server from /usr/local/apache2 ?
Please help me.