In light of the recent publicity of the "logjam attack" (e.g.
https://weakdh.org/) Diffie-Hellman key exchange has come under some scrutiny.

Industry wisdom seems to suggest that to prevent possible nation-state
decryption an httpd server should generate a 2048-bit group of parameters (for
Diffie-Hellman key exchange).

This is a trivial task to complete using OpenSSL using a command such as the
following:

        openssl dhparam -out dhparams.pem 2048

Apache httpd 2.4.8+ (including 2.4.12 -- current) appear to have support for
this using the a configuration entry similar to this one:

        SSLOpenSSLConfCmd DHParameters "/PATH/dhparams.pem"

It has also been reported that Apache httpd 2.4.7+ can support this by
appending the DH PARAMETERS to the end of the ssl certificate file, e.g.:

        -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
        CERTIFICATE_DATA_HERE
        -----END CERTIFICATE-----
        -----BEGIN DH PARAMETERS-----
        GENERATED_DH_PARAMETERS_HERE
        -----END DH PARAMETERS-----

This has been noted in the httpd SSL FAQ documentation
(https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/ssl/ssl_faq.html#javadh)

I am unable to find any documentation on this feature set for anything in the
httpd 2.2.x branch including the 2.2.29 (current) release.

I have attempted to use both of these methods in httpd 2.2.29, but have been
unable to do so successfully.

Are 2048-bit Diffie-Hellman groups supported in the Apache httpd 2.2.x branch?
Is it possible that this feature will be ported to the 2.2.x branch?  Has
anyone already done so?

Thanks,
Karl