Hi,
There are in your .htaccess file 2 instructions "RewriteEngine": the first states "on", the second states "off". They are around your rewrite rules, so I try to guess that you meant to switch the rewrite engine on, do the rewrite, and then switch it off. But, afaik the last instruction wins and disables the rewrite engine: no action and no logging...
Remove the second one or comment it, and let us know.

Hope this helps,
Zimmi (Philippe)