Hi Eric,

Sorry to be bugging you on this one, I grepped through the source and I see
some solid references to trailer processing. From the change list, I found
that you added support for MergeTrailers in 2.4.11 - any idea on how I
could make it work? I just need apache to let the trailers pass through to
the upstream haproxy, I am not processing them in mod headers or other
apache modules.

Thanks
Sachin

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Sachin Shetty <sachin.she...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried with Apache 2.4.16 with the "MergeTrailers On". No luck, apache
> just wont let the trailers pass through. I enabled debug log as well, but
> no additional info in logs about skipping trailers.
>
> Thanks
> Sachin
>

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Sachin Shetty <sachin.she...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> We are using mod proxy and mod rewrite to forward the request to an
>> haproxy server running a pool of tomcat. I have verified that when the
>> request is directly sent to haproxy, trailers are sent to the tomcat and it
>> does print it in the debug logs.
>>
>> While debugging this I have also noticed that apache converts a chunked
>> request < 8KB to a non chunked one and assembled the whole body before
>> sending it down the proxy.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sachin
>>
>> Sorry could not figure out how to post from a digest, I have copied your
>> question below:

>> trailers?
>>

>> On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Sachin Shetty <sachin.she...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> as per http spec, we want clients to send us trailers in chunked
>>> requests. However the request on the server side does not get the trailer
>>> at all.
>>>
>>> Is there some setting on apache to allow trailers, we are using apache
>>> 2.4.
>>>
>>> Our request looks like this.
>>>
>>> <<<<<
>>> telnet somehost 80
>>> POST /some-path HTTP/1.1
>>> Authorization: Basic XXXX=
>>> Host: somehost.domain.com
>>> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
>>> Trailer: My-Test-Trailer
>>>
>>> 50
>>> 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111