since this is not a very good architecture from several point of views
It would be helpful if you name these explicitly. While it is well known that adding another level of indirection can solve any problem, it is good to know what a problem is.

In any case, I also think CGI/WSGI/FCGI/HTTP <https://ef.gy/fastcgi-is-pointless> is an easier and safer way than building Apache module. JSON or not depends on data you have; it's ok for small independent records.

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili