All,

I am using httpd 2.4 with mod_proxy (http) routing requests to multiple
backends.

I have a strange requirement. If a backend responds with a custom response
code - i need to re-execute the request to a different backend.

What would be the right way to implement this functionality ?

I was looking at mod_lua for a solution. The idea is to use a
"LuaOutputFilter" to check the response code, and then re-execute the
request with a different backend. How can i refire the request ? Should i
use a lua httpclient library for this ? Is there a easier way to do this ?

Any other suggestions/comments are welcome.

Version of stack
* Apache 2.4.6
* Lua 5.1.4

Regards,