I don’t know what configuration is at the client site.  We will be discussing
tomorrow with them.

I have tried to look up what this message is attempting to describe.  It’s an
informational message but not sure what it’s telling me.  What would be the
potential causes that would  trigger this message?

[Mon Jan 25 12:37:49.411899 2016] [ssl:info] [pid 9456:tid 2472] (OS 10060)A
connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond
after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host
has failed to respond.  : [client nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:23896] AH01991: SSL input
filter read failed.
I did see where in the * in the Virtual Host definition should be an IP
address.  Could this be my issue?  I am not sure which IP address this should
be.

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName server.name.com

Thanks,
Tom

Thomas S. Bumbernick
HPE Enterprise Services - Americas
Transformation Consulting
tom.bumbern...@hpe.com<mailto:tom.bumbern...@hpe.com>
Office  +1 404-648-7580
Mobile +1 717-659-0662
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

[hpe-logo-medium]

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Bumbernick, Tom
[Mon Jan 25 12:37:49.411899 2016] [ssl:info] [pid 9456:tid 2472] (OS 10060)A
connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond
after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host
has failed to respond.  : [client nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:23896] AH01991: SSL input
filter read failed.

​It's informational only and talking about your frontend connection seconds
after the response is complete.​  Do your external users come through via some
kind of ssl terminating proxy and you don't?

--
Eric Covener
cove...@gmail.com<mailto:cove...@gmail.com>