Hello friends,

I am trying to setup Apache Tomcat 2.4 on X64 Ubuntu 15.10. Unfortunately,
I am not having much luck because of the forbidden error I keep getting *when
I disable directory listing*. As Apache web-server is not an FTP server, I
thought removing directory listing functionality wiould be easier, but
turns out, it's not. WHen I add the option Options -Indexes, I keep getting
403. If I add in .htaccess IndexIgnore *, then I see the Index page, but no
index in it(Facepalm).

Also I have tried setting 755, 777, 644 on /var/www/html/* and chown
www-data:www-data -R /var/www/html, with chmod as well, didn't fly.

I have tried other options like a2dismod autoindexes, but then I get 404
for all. So didn't fly. If someone wants to create a test-setup, please
download Shopware community edition(Free it is), and then I gave the
following commands :

sudo apt-get install apache2 php5 libapache2-mod-php5 curl php5-curl
> php5-gd php5-mysql

 Here is my sites-enabled/000-default :

 ServerName localhost.home

>         ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
>         DocumentRoot /var/www/html
>
>   <Directory />
>              Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>             AllowOverride None
>             Require all granted
>     </Directory>
>
>     <Directory /var/www/html >
>       Require all granted
>     </Directory>

There are so many people who are having this problem, and for each there is
a different solution, I thought I might simply ask what's wrong with this
Indexing module or what's wrong with my setup as I have already spent 2-3
hours, sorry for my rant, but such a thing road-blocking you,drives you mad.

Kindly let me know what I can do to get rid of this forbidden message. I
would request to kindly try Shopware setup on your own localhost, its quite
easy.