From: Yehuda Katz [mailto:yeh...@ymkatz.net]
Sent: Sunday, February 7, 2016 12:16 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Newbie

IBM packages their own version of HTTPD. This might be a good place to start:
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/http/

- Y

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Rudy <rudy...@comcast.net> wrote:

I know nothing of Apache, but, I wish to setup an older iSeries as a web
server using Apache.  My iSeries is a 520 running V7R1 and I connect to it
using a Windows 10 PC.  I am a long time RPG programmer but have no
experience with HTTP or web hosting.  I am looking for step by step
instructions (for dummies) to install and setup the most appropriate version
of Apache that fits my needs.  This will be a learning experience for me so
I will not need to support high traffic nor are a lot of bells and whistles
required.

My initial questions:
Where should I start?
Is there a specific set of step by step install and setup instructions
available for my scenario?
What version of Apache might be appropriate for me?

Thanks,
Rudy Schutter
rudy...@comcast.net
954.494.3148