Hi Rajesh!

My comments inline:

> I am running apache 2.2 version on Linux OS and there is no configuration
> values defined in my apache configuration.
>
> I believe it takes all below default values.

Please set the values that you need in the configuration files, relying on
the default ones is not the best option. You should set your operational
values; it is easier to figure out where the inconsistencies are. I also
assume that you are using the worker mpm (
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/worker.html#how-it-works), but could
you please confirm?

> I am observing sometimes child process are reaching 30 to 32.

Processes or threads? Are you sure that you are checking them correctly?

> I was in an impression the child process can create only 16 as per above
> default ServerLimit value. Could you please clarify on this?

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/worker.html#how-it-works

"Two directives set hard limits on the number of active child processes and
the number of server threads in a child process, and can only be changed by
fully stopping the server and then starting it again. ServerLimit is a hard
limit on the number of active child processes, and must be greater than or
equal to the MaxClients directive divided by the ThreadsPerChild directive.
ThreadLimit is a hard limit of the number of server threads, and must be
greater than or equal to the ThreadsPerChild directive."

> Also I am seeing MaxClients reached when I restart apache server. So that
> means it will error MaxClients reached only once in server life?
>
> This question is a bit unclear, can you add a bit more info?

Thanks!

Luca