From: Marat Khalili [mailto:m...@rqc.ru]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2016 2:31 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite domain to language specific page but no
address bar redirection

It's tricky. Here's a rule set that works for me (but it may depend on Apache
version and configuration):

# fr-lang {
  RewriteCond %{ENV:REDIRECT_STATUS} ^$
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/fr$
  RewriteRule ^fr$ http://lang-fr.hostname.com/ [L,R=302]

  RewriteCond %{ENV:REDIRECT_STATUS} ^$
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/fr/.*$
  RewriteRule ^fr/(.*)$ http://lang-fr.hostname.com/$1 [L,R=302]

  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.lang-fr\.hostname\.com$ [NC]
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://lang-fr.hostname.com/$1 [R=301,L]

  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^lang-fr\.hostname\.com$ [NC]
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/fr/.*$
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /fr/$1 [L]

  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^lang-fr\.hostname\.com$ [NC]
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [L]
# fr-lang }

Repeat for each language (probably it's possible to make a single rule set for
all languages, but I didn't try it).
--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili